Are you passionate about working collaboratively to make a felt difference in the world? At Design Science we have one mission - fitting products to people.
Our clients hire us to ensure their medical devices, consumer products, and commercial systems are safe, effective, easy, and fun to use. We are currently seeking Research Associates to join our multidisciplinary team in support of user-research. Primary responsibilities include research study prep, data collection, data analysis, and deliverable writing.
Desired Skills & Experience
To qualify for this position, you must:
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in human factors, industrial design, psychology, biological sciences, biomedical or mechanical engineering or a related field
- Demonstrate the ability to collect, summarize, and analyze data using Excel and appropriate statistical techniques, as well as to visualize and present data in a form that is easily understood
- Show evidence of strong writing and presentation skills
- Possess excellent listening and observational skills
- - Have strong quantitative skills
- Possess advanced to expert proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Have experience with, or interest in, product development
Our ideal Research Associate would also:
- Possess the ability to see the big picture without losing sight of the details
- Not be squeamish about blood, guts, or general medical procedures (we work on a lot of medical products)
- Be flexible in a fast-paced, quick-turnaround environment
- Have good organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple projects at once
We are accepting applications at our Philadelphia office for this full-time, benefits-earning position. To apply, send cover letter and resume to DSHR@dscience.com no later than Friday, March 27th, 2015.