/ in career , design science , industrial design , information design , interaction design , job opportunity , news / by
Are you a designer with a passion for user research? Design Science is seeking an intern with a background in industrial or graphic design to work in our information design department.
At Design Science, we're passionate about fitting products to people. We're able to do this by conducting rigorous, multi-faceted studies that range from lab-based usability testing to ethnographic studies in operating rooms. As our new intern, you would be responsible for helping design the research our analysts accrue into actionable conclusions.
Desired Skills & Experience
To excel in this position, you must:
- Have completed at least two years of an undergraduate degree in a relevant major
- Be extremely passionate about research and storytelling
- Have strong information visualization skills
- Be fluid in the use of Adobe applications (Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop required; additional beneficial)
- Understand basic principles of layout, typography, and color theory
- Have a working knowledge of Word and Excel
Our ideal intern would also:
- Have a basic understanding of human factors and ethnographic research
- Not be squeamish about blood, guts, or general medical procedures (we work with a lot of medical products)
- Be comfortable learning new things on a daily basis, ranging from product photography to social media management
Our new intern will begin working a few hours a week in March and will become a full-time intern for the summer. It is a paid internship. To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to Christina Stefan at email@example.com no later than January 16th.
Updated January 09, 2015: The submission deadline has been extended to February 20th, 2015.